- About Me
- Web Services
- Contact Me
- For Sale
Ready to help you build your new Low Power FM station!
With over 35 years of experience in various aspects of radio and television station operation, multi-media and web, including engineering, management, sales, you name it! So, I know what it takes to run a broadcast business and how to design a facility that completely integrates into your plans.
- General FCC license # PG-12-26765
- Dave Gifford International Sales Management Graduate.
I can provide
- Equipment sales through RF Specialties
- RF Radiation Exposure Measurements. Is your transmitter site in compliance?
- NRSC measurements
- FCC filings (Construction Permits, Modifications, Changes)
- 24 hour on call service
- Full studio and transmitter maintenance
- New (or remodeling) facility planning and construction including acoustical isolation
- Custom equipment design and fabrication
- A strong working relationship with you, your staff and other contractors
- Facilities designed for your promotional, programming and revenue goals
- Tower work (antenna and transmission line mounting, lighting maintenance) up to 200 feet
- TV studio and transmitter infrastructure installation & repair.
- Web site authoring
KAIL-TV, Fresno (formerly analog channel 53 UHF) chanel 7. As of June, 2000, I have been consulting for this this TV station. I planned and designed the conversion to DTV. This has been a very challenging and interesting project over the last few years.
- See the Year 2001 pictures
- See the DTV installation pictures
- See also KDWN below in the radio section. KDWN was formerly owned by the same company.
Contact: Charles Williams, GM at (559)-299-9753
KOTR TV, Monterey, CA. Contract engineer.
Contact: Brent Calvin, GM at (831) 333-1454
Major Market Past Experience (all stations in California except as noted)
- KDWN, Las Vegas, Nevada. Taking this station from the 70's to the year 2001. Pictures
- KCBS/ KLLC, San Francisco. I helped with the studios move in Nov/Dec 2000. Construction Pictures
- KBLX/ KVTO, Berkeley-San Francisco (special projects). Contact: Paul Marks, pmarks@KBLX.COM
- KFRC/ KYCY, San Francisco (staff engineer, special projects).pics
- KNBR, San Francisco (staff engineer).
Medium and Small Market Experience
- KXBX, Lakeport. Antenna installation. New antenna pictures and booster.
- KSRO, KFGY, KMGG, KXFX, Santa Rosa (back up guy and special project engineer). Contact: Randy Wells, CEradioran@aol.com
- KZST, Santa Rosa (former engineer). Contact: Gordon Zlot (GM/CE), gz@KZST.COM
- KMFB/ KPMO, Mendocino (former Chief Engineer) picture
- KSXY (formerly KHBG), Healdsburg (former Chief Engineer) pictures
- KUKI AM/FM, Ukiah (former Chief Engineer)
- K-Love (Originally KCLB) Network (former Chief Engineer).pics
My own stations I operated in the past
- KMXN, Santa Rosa (LMA'd)pics
- KTOB, Petaluma (LMA'd). I was formerly in a partnership here, which ended on 3/31/01.
Other Items of Interest
I have some test equipment available to rent.
- Tektronix 2710 spectrum analyzer
- Rohde & Schwartz FSH3-TV spectrum analyzer
|$160.00 per hour||On Site|
|$120.00 per hour||For Travel Time|
|In case of work involving long distance travel or overnight stays, additional expense charges apply including, but not limited to:|
Make note of this important information about my service charges:
- It is the client's responsibility to make sure preparations are made for me to work when I show up. The client is responsable to make sure appropriate tools, test equipment, materials, transportation, etc. are available. If not, that I know of any needs before arriving.
- On-Site time charges apply from the time I arrive to the work site to the time I leave for the day.
- If I am traveling by air, the client will also be charged for transportation of tools and test equipment when applicable.
- I reserve the right to approve the choice of lodging.
- The minimum day charge is $800.00, plus expenses when applicable.
- A Deposit, in advance, is required for all new clients. The amount will depend on the type of job.
- I am available for work internationally. However, the Day Rate is $2,000.00 plus expenses. Payment is required in full, in advance, for the job.
Web Site Services
|$120 per hour||On Site Appointments|
|$80 per hour||Regular Labor Charge|
Spectrum Analyzer Rental
Client also is responsible for Federal Express or UPS freight charges, fully insured, 3 day shipping or faster.
Client accepts full responsibility for any loss while the unit is in the clients possession. Rental starts when you get it and ends when it arrives back to me.
Barter, in full or part, is possible for any of my services. Let me know what you have to trade.
Used equipment I have for sale
|Allen Avionics Hum Eliminator Model HEC-2000. I have 7 of these.|
|Bird air cooled Dummy Load Model DA40. 40 KW rated UHF (analog, peak power) 470 to 890 MHz, 50 Ohm|